Monday, July 1, 2013

I Recommend...

I've been able to spend time catching up some on reading, and I thought it'd be nice to more succinctly recommend some of the best of the books I've read in the past few months. (All book cover photos from GoodReads, unless otherwise noted)

So, without further ado...

Outrageous Courage is about one woman's story of overcoming fear to walk into her destiny. Really a wonderful read!

The Gift in You. I'll discuss this book in a bit more detail later, but needless to say, it's very helpful for allowing people to better understand not only how they think, but the unique sequence that their own brain takes to thinking properly.


The Happy Intercessor. Beni is a delightful author and her story is relatable. I totally enjoyed this read, because it deepened my understanding of one of my giftings.

Culture of Honor, by Danny Silk Probably in the top twenty books to really impact my own life in the last fifteen years, Culture of Honor looks at how to build and sustain an environment where God is honored, and so are people. In this way, God is free to do the supernatural through His people.

Mark Batterson's The Circle Maker will truly change your life if you let it. This is for anyone wanting to learn more about prayer in general, and prayer for the issues that raise their ugly heads in our lives in particular.


Really good to read along with The Happy Intercessor and The Gift in You, The Supernatural Power of a Transformed mind is an awesome read!

Dreaming With God, by Bill Johnson, is bound to become a classic for those who really want to take things to the next level, and goes well with the books of James Goll and Kim Clement, aside from the rest of his own, Kris Vallatton's, and Danny Lee Silk's.

Jim Goll's The Seer is one of the best books I have ever read on the gifting of the prophetic, and in particular the gift of the seer prophetic.
In Hosting the Presence, Bill Johnson looks at how we are to interact and cooperate with the Holy Spirit in order to help live more fulfilling lives in the body of Christ.

RC Sproul, Jr's wonderful little book, The Call to Wonder, looks at regaining childlike wonder in one's life. It's a great read for those who tend to take themselves too seriously at times.


Randy Alcorn's little book, The Grace and Truth Paradox, is really great to read around the same time as The Call to Wonder and The Happy Intercessor. The three seem to really mesh well with their ways of thinking and therefore they would be good to read within the same month, probably.

Chip Ingram's Living on the Edge looks at the effects of living out Romans chapter 12 in our every day lives. A very inspiring test to ponder and then, make a move!


For those who are lovers of all things Madeline L'Engle, this gem of a book is what I am reading as I type this. It is reflections on the book of Genesis, and has been quite fascinating thus far... A Circle of Quiet and Walking on Water are also two really great L'Engle texts you might enjoy!


Great to read along with Outrageous Courage, Undaunted, by Christine Caine, is a life-changing book for those seeking to deepen their faith walk with Jesus Christ.


I read this months prior to Outrageous Courage and Undaunted, but still, Bethany Hamilton's testimonial autobiography, Soul Surfer, is an amazing read. If I had planned it out, I would have read all three together, then The Happy Intercessor and so forth from there. Great book!

I DID read The Risk Factor: Crossing the Chicken Line into Your Supernatural Destiny at the same time as Soul Surfer, and the two were quite compatible.  Kevin and Chad Dedmon are quite inspiring in this test, and if there were a sequel, I'd definitely read it!

Inspired by their song of the same title, Matt and Beth Redman's Blessed By Your Name, while a short book, is packed with a lot of power and insight. An awesome read, especially if you're going through a trial at the time of reading.

This image found at Amazon, as goodreads.com had none. Anyway, Leroy Eims' Prayer: More Than Words is one of the best books on prayer I think I've read in about ten years. Powerful and to the point. It's a few years older than most of these on my list, but I'm quite glad I read it!


While I've got more than these read recently, I thought this was a really good starter list for those new to Christianity, or who are looking to gain a closer walk with Jesus or deepening their presencing with the Holy Spirit.





No comments:

Post a Comment