Thursday, October 4, 2012

Paint the Dream, Trust the Dream

Sometimes we just need to trust our dreams. True, not always, but I think we usually can tell which ones to trust and which to question. There is just something different about the trusted ones; the ones that we have a sense are more than just indigestion.

I've heard a lot of excuses over the years that someone had a strange dream because of what they ate, and while occasionally that might be true, I don't think it is where the dreams came from most of the time. Dreams come from three places, that I am aware of: the subconscious, the enemy, and our Creator God. Being holistic beings, the spirit, soul, body are all connected even in dream time and therefore we are still susceptible to what our dreams deliver.

There is a saying, we get out what we put in; similar to when Jesus spoke of sowing and reaping, as well as faith accordance for what occurs in life; faith is a type of sowing. Are we sowing our faith to the things of God, or the things of the world?

Dreams are one are we can look at that question, among many. We can look at a dream and it might seem just amazingly crazy. I know;l I've had them at times. But when we pray about them; seek God for a meaning, we can get a better sense of whether it was from the flesh, the Spirit, or the enemy, and therefore gain an interpretation that is fitting to what was occurring in the dream world.

One such dream that I've had recently... one of those crazy-seeming dreams that at first seem like  mixed up jumbles was vibrant enough that I've been painting it, in part. As a follower of Christ, I am used to this type of dream though I don't always find an answer right away; I am thankful to have a dream interpretation partner who is also a strong believer.


Jacob is an example in the Bible of someone else who had some vivid and amazing dreams. In Genesis 28, verses 10-12, we read (Message version): 

Jacob left Beersheba and went to Haran. He came to a certain place and camped for the night since the sun had set. He took one of the stones there, set it under his head and lay down to sleep. And he dreamed: A stairway was set on the ground and it reached all the way to the sky; angels of God were going up and going down on it.

WeHeartIt.com  
 His ladder... his stairway... was in the dream I've begun painting.

How do I know that it was Jacob's ladder? I know by faith, and I know by confirmation. And the ladder was surrounded with angel wings, in the sky, attached to a piano with a door that opens and closes between the keys and steps. There were stars everywhere that looked almost like seashells in their beauty. And of course, angels... not just wings floating in the atmosphere, but angels going up and down the ladder, through the door, and at one point, Jesus interacted with one of them. It was quite intense....

                                                     Lenny Kravitz- Calling All Angels

This is an example of a dream that I just have to trust God on... as well as its interpretation. And the painting I've been working on this past week will be a reminder that sometimes, we just need to trust our dreams and the ultimate Dream Creator, our Creator

2 comments:

  1. AMEN and AMEN!!! So TRUE! BEAUTIFUL words, pics, and of course I LOVE that song! ;)

    What a SPECIAL gift, to be able to PAINT and CREATE the dream on a canvas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, thank you... :) And it's also a blessing to be able to share about it in an atmosphere that creates testimony from the canvas. :)

    This was the same night as the THREE kings music dream I mentioned to you, and I believe they are deeply related. Hence the wording. lol Now, if one of them had access to this blog post... who knows where they would take things. ;)

    ReplyDelete