Saturday, July 13, 2013

Dreamer's Watch, Part 3: The Gift in You

As some of you know, I have become a bit of a Dr. Caroline Leaf enthusiast.

For those of you new to my writing, Dr. Leaf is a Christian, brain scientist, and the author of two books (The Gift in You and Who Switched Off My Brain?) and has a third on the way.

In reading The Gift in You, I've gained a lot of insight into how i think, and therefore, how I dream... and why I dream the way that I do, to some extent. And I find that super exciting...

There is a test in the book that looks at the differing ways people think... looking at what Dr. Leaf calls the Seven Pillars of Thinking, which correspond with the seven pillars of wisdom we read about in the book of Proverbs.

So, what were my results?

My thinking profile... the gift in me... shows that I think in this particular order:
Linguistically
Intrapersonally
Musically
Kinesthetically
Visually/Spacially
Interpersonally
Logically/Mathematically

Linguistic is at the top.. way up there, and logical/mathematical is way down at the bottom. The rest of them all run between 65 and 53.33%.

So, in layman's terms, I think first in words, then I introspect, music tagging along close behind. Then, I have to begin to move as I think, which allows me to see what I'm thinking about, which allows me to communicate it inter-personally, and then, at the end of my thought processing, patterning and other elements of logic/mathematics comes into play.

weheartit.com
So, what does this mean for the dreaming and visioning experience? In itself, it changes nothing going into my mind, but it DOES help me to control what I keep in there... and how I choose to think about it. This goes as much for a dream or vision as for any other thought.

 Dr. Leaf writes, "Thoughts are active: They grow and change. Thoughts influence every decision, word, action and physical reaction we make. A thought may seem harmless. But if it becomes toxic, even just a simple thought can become physically, emotionally or spiritually dangerous."

"Are you paying attention to what words you are saying and what words you are receiving into your spirit?
    Words reflect the thoughts and emotions of the speaker because every word was first a thought and an emotion," she further writes.

So, can you see how important this is to our dream-life, and to other gifts of the Spirit? We must be careful, as Prophet Kim Clement also says, to accept into ourselves only that which doesn't defile us... that which is not going to be toxic in the long-run, or the short.

What does that have to do with the patterns we think through, you may be asking...

If we know the pattern we think through, we can gain better insight into watching what thoughts finish this loop. every thought you have retained has gone through the specified loop, the gift in you. every one of us has a different and unique thinking pattern and set of memories which we filter all the information we encounter through... whether it be information from the world around us spiritually or physically.

For me, that means that, having an understanding of my spiritual gifts, personality, and the way I think, I am better able to understand how God created me and how He works through me as an individual within the whole, the body of Christ. It means knowing I was born to be a dreamer.

No comments:

Post a Comment