Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Merry Christmas! Time for another Wonderful Wednesday Prayers!!

While to some, this might not seem fitting with the spirit of Christmas, bear with me. It is another of Kay Warren's prayers, and in reality, it is all about what Jesus did on the cross, which is, of course, the biggest reason to celebrate the coming of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

Father, you are a God who hates evil, no matter where it is found. I'm so grateful that you're also a God who loves to be gracious. Forgive me for denying and excusing my capacity for evil and wickedness. I have caught a glimpse of myself today, and I don't like what I see. I confess that I have screamed for justice when I've seen the sins of others, but I have begged for mercy when my own sins have been revealed. Please show me your grace. I am amazed that you see all there is to see in me  my inmost being - and you still loved me enough to send a Savior. Thank you for your kindness to me. The way you forgive me, mop up my messes, and repair the broken places over and over again is so humbling. May I be willing to give to fellow sinners the grace you've given me.

No comments:

Post a Comment